For the purpose of this document, the coastal
marine environments of Dominica have been delineated into six regions.
North: From Capucin to Melville Hall River
2) East: Melville Hall River to Délices,
3) South: Délices,
Mulatre River to Scott's Head
4) West (south): Scott's Head to Layou River
5) West (central): Layou River to Pointe Crabier
6) West (north): Pointe Crabier to Capucin
delineation is base one a combination of (a) geographic features
easily identified when traveling around the island, and (b) the
number of sites described here.
BLACK LINES mark each region's boundaries on the map below.
* The regional boundaries between West (central)
and West (north) used here (this website) vary from those used in
other documents on the topic which are available at http:www.itme.org/data.htm
selecting (clicking) a particular region (NORTH, EAST, SOUTH,
WEST S, WEST C or WEST N) you can access a general description
of which habitats (icl. distribution maps) are found in the region
habitats distribution maps can be accesses via "supplemental
document" at www.itme.org/data.htm